Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I Would So TOTALLY Do Me

Well, I just had a pleasant conversation with the graphic designer doing the cover for my novel. She’s going to make it hip, cool, and in-your-face, which, it just so happens, is exactly where you want a book, up around the reader’s face area.

Now, I’m no Stephen King, I’m still new to the world of novel authorship, but if you get a cover, that usually means it’s a real book, right?

I also just heard from a director for whom I wrote a low-budget horror-action script. He’s going to bump it up from a $90,000 direct-to-DVD movie to a $3 million feature I could actually earn enough money from to buy my mother a house.

On a more nerdy tip, there’s the video game I’m writing and co-developing with my brother the Software Engineer. He just learned three different computer languages in less than three months; now machines do as his voice commands, computers levitate around his head, and his eyes glow an eerie green after the sun goes down.

And we always thought he was the slow one.

To recap:

(1) A book deal

(2) A movie deal

(3) A cyborg brother

All that while working a full-time day job. If I was an agent/manager, I would be all over me. If only because I used the phrase “on a more nerdy tip” correctly in a sentence.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, July 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if computer languages are easier to pick up after you know one or two. Like...the romantic languages or something...similar...it...ies...

 
At 4:19 PM, July 21, 2005, Blogger Big T said...

Totally. Once you learn Latin, C++ and Java are a snap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home